Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Am A HORRIBLE Mother (and blogger)!

If you don't want to read my ramblings scroll down to see more new posts!

There are 2 very good reasons I have gotten so behind on my blog:
The first...After "catching" up on all of our summer activities I of course blogged about the first day of school, the following week I went to blog about a very important event (coming soon!) and realized that I had forgotten to post Kody's 5th birthday. My first thought was to "edit" my post and no one would ever know. Then I remembered some conversations that Logan and I have been having. I have been trying to teach him that EVERYONE makes mistakes even Mom's and Dad's, we need to acknowledge that we have made a mistake, and then fix the mistake. With my own words ringing in my mind I realized that even though Logan (and Kody) do not read this blog, I still need to acknowledge and fix my mistake.
The second....while getting ready to blog about the "important event" (which I have made to sound like it is huge when really it's not all that big of a deal) I started thinking about all of the personal information I share about my family. So, to make a long story short, I have been trying to decided if I should go private with our blog. What is keeping me from going private you ask? I am secretly a blog stalker....there are many blogs I have found of past friends (and acquaintances...I can't believe I just admitted that) through "blog hopping". I enjoy reading them and would be devastated if they went private since I do not have the guts to tell them that I am reading their blog. :) What if I have loads of secret fans that wait, checking my blog everyday for my next exciting and informative post? Then I got scared at the thought of a bunch of crazies looking at my kids ....I know, the only crazy here is me!

3 comments:

Sharie said...

Um, you are defnintely not a horrible Mom! My blog might be caught up, but my house certainly isn't - and I KNOW yours is! And I'm so curious about what your BIG event is. . . :)

Charisse said...

Amber,

I have been reading your blog and was feeling badly that I don't comment and then I saw my name on your scroll and now I don't feel so bad! What is your email we need to catch up?!

tiffunny said...

the private or public thing is a hard decision. I too secretly stalk a few blogs & when they have gone private I've been sad, but at the same time, I also wondered what took them so long. It's just a personal thing and you should just do what you feel is best for you & your family. If you decide to stay public, just don't give out specifics that give away where you live - just in case some crazy was reading it.